Saturday, January 25, 2020
Doors open 8:00 a.m.
Farewell by 10:00 p.m.
Our Lady of Lourdes
980 Huffman Rd.
Birmingham, Al 35215
Once again we are doing our free Newcomers Event! Know someone that has never been to an SCA event? Bring them for free! Introduce them to our wonderful hobby! There is NO TROLL FEE for this event… NONE! (Folks still have to troll in for the paperwork and waivers though.)
Classwise, we are creating a diverse selection aimed toward people new to the SCA, but there will be something for the “old salts” also. We will have *even more* classroom space than previous years so we can have a much larger selection of classes!
Want to teach a class for newcomers? This is your chance! Follow this link to sign up! We will schedule as many classes as we can. Current track plans include newcomer classes, blacksmithing, heavy & light fighting classes, brewing, textile arts, woodworking, and many more!
- CLASSES will be diverse and aimed to help new SCA members, but there will be plenty of interest to ‘the old salts’ as well. (WATCH THIS SPACE FOR THE CLASS LIST!)
- FUNDRAISER LUNCH will be available. Details are being finalized. Check back for more information!
- SHOPPING – Enjoy the time between classes shopping with our merchants and a revel to end a fun day!
- AMAZING FEASTING will be provided by our own famous Lady Siobhan for just $8 for adults, $3 for children (ages 4-12), ages 3 and under free. We are going to show our newcomers how we eat well at events! Please, Please, Please pre-reserve for feast so we can purchase the appropriate amount of food and minimize waste.
Prices: Adult and Children Free (No site fee!)
Feast price: Adult $8, Child (12 or less) $3, Child 3 or less eats free.
To help us prepare the proper amount of food we are asking attendees to PLEASE pre-reserve for feast by sending in a check or money order to the address below.
Please make checks payable to SCA Inc, Shire Des Forges, and mail your feast reservations to:
Lady Cerridwen, c/o Carol Crews, 4659 Trussville Clay Road, Trussville, AL 35173 email@example.com / 205-936-1853
- Autocrat: THL Sean O’Neill (Conrad Crews) / 205-515-5290 (No calls after 9pm CST please)
- Feastcrat: Lady Siobhan Fitzpatrick of Waterford (Robin Barron) / 205-482-6696 (No calls after 9pm CST please)
DIRECTIONS: Take your best route to I-59, exit 134 (Roebuck Pkwy, to Hwy75). At the light at the bottom of the ramp turn toward the McDonalds, Go through 7 traffic lights (approx. 1.4 miles) and you will see Parkway Christian Fellowship church on the right. Go one half block past Parkway Christian Fellowship and turn right into Our Lady of Lourdes parking lot. (If you pass Sonic on the right or Wendy’s on the left you went too far.) Click here for a map.